As I pondered on what to write about for this blog I just had come back to Dr. D Hawkins suggestions for a spiritual path.
Since at this time we make resolutions for the next year it feels right to remind us of our options. Dr Hawkins says that in order to be on a spiritual path all we need to do is choose one of these suggestions and be true to it as much as possible:
1. Be kind to everything and everyone, including oneself, all the time, with no exception.
2. Revere all of life in all its expressions, no matter what, even if one does not understand it.
3. Presume no actual reliable knowledge of anything at all. Ask God to reveal its meaning.
4. Intend to see the hidden beauty of all that exists—it then reveals itself.
5. Forgive everything that is witnessed and experienced, no matter what. Remember Christ, Buddha, and Krishna all said that all error is due to ignorance. Socrates said all men can choose only what they believe to be the good.
6. Approach all of life with humility and be willing to surrender all positionalities and mental/emotional arguments of gain.
7. Be willing to forgo all perceptions of gain, desire, or profit and thereby be willing to be of selfless service to life in all of its expressions.
8. Make one’s life a living prayer by intention, alignment, humility and surrender. True spiritual reality is actually a way of being in the world.
9. By verification, confirm the levels of consciousness and spiritual truth of all teachers, teachings, spiritual groups, and literature with which one intends to be aligned or a student.
10. Accept that by spiritual declaration, commitment, and surrender, Knowingness arises that provides support, information, and all that is needed for the entire journey.
Dr. Hawkins states: “Enlightenment is not a condition to be obtained; it is merely a certainty to be surrendered to.”
May 2018 be a year of wonder!
© All rights reserved.